Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Higher National Diploma [HND] full time and part-time programmes of the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin for the 2020/2021 Academic Session:
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
Applicants for admission into the HND programmes should have the following qualifications:
1. National Diploma (ND) with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant field and five relevant O/L credit passes at WASC, GCE, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings. These credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
2. Evidence of one year post – National Diploma (ND) cognate experience (i.e. Industrial Training)
3. Applicants with Pass Grade in the National Diploma (ND) will be required to have at least two years Post-National Diploma industrial experience.
4. Applicants for Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology (Post-Harvest option) are required to have at least a Lower Credit grade at National Diploma (ND) programme in any of the following:
>>Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology
>>Food Science Technology
>>Agricultural Engineering Technology
5. Applicants for Metallurgical Engineering Technology should be graduates of National Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Technology only.
6. Applicants for Mining Engineering Technology should be graduates of National Diploma in either Mineral Resources Engineering, Mineral & Petroleum Resources Engineering or Mining Engineering Technology only.
7. Holders of ND Computer Engineering are not admissible into HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology and HND Computer Science Programmes.
8. Holders of ND Mass Communication will not be admitted into HND Public Administration.
9. Candidates will not be admitted into HND programmes different from those they had in their ND programmes.
10. Candidates should have remedied their O Level deficiency before applying for the HND programme.
11. Candidates for the HND programmes with options should indicate the option they prefer in their Application Forms.
IT IS MANDATORY FOR HND FULL TIME APPLICANTS TO FILL THE JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBERS USED FOR THEIR ND PROGRAMMES.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBERS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications for admission will be done fully online. To apply online for HND (FULL TIME AND PART-TIME) ,
>> Candidates are to log on to Kwara Poly Portal via https://kwarapolyportal.org/appo.php
>>Click on the Application for HND Full Time or Part-Time Link
>>Fill the details in the box provided to create an account
>>Log in to account and continue with application process